Wednesday 11 January 2012

Just as I am

Thank you God
that you lead me gently
by the hand,
with love and encouragement.

Thank you that you know my fears,
my imagined ‘hurty’ places,
and lovingly help me see
my fears melt away
like mist in the morning sun.

Thank you that you’re with me,
just where I am -
not waiting ahead
for me to catch up,
to be good enough;
not dragging me impatiently along
by the hand;
but walking with me
by my side,
waiting when I need rest
skipping with me when I’m excited
and picking me up
when I fall over.

Thank you that you know me,
Thank you that you understand me,
Thank you that you love me,
Just the way I am now.


24th May 98

N.B. ‘Hurty places’ refers to my 4 yr old daughter whose fear of her scratches and grazes was always much greater than the injury itself!


Picture from Google search http://www.mentalhelp.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment