Sunday 17 June 2012

On Good Friday


I  don’t  know  
what  it’s  truly  all about,
or  why  it  had  to  happen;
but, if  nothing  else,
I  light  this  candle
out  of  respect
for  a  man  who  died  a  horrible  death.
And  I  pray
for  all  those  today
dying  a  horrible  death -
whether  from  disease
or  torture
or  hunger
or  whatever  the  cause.
Jesus,
You  have  been  there,
You  know  what  it’s  like;
be  with  them.


And  I  pray  too
for  all  the  grieving  relatives
who  must  watch,
helpless,
while  their  loved  ones  die.
Mary,
you  watched  your  son  die;
be  with  them.


I  light  this  candle
and  pray  that  all  darkness
may  be  banished  forever.


Amen.  May - it - be - so.


5th  April  1996






Picture from Google images  http://visitaiglesia.net/2012/?p=390

No comments:

Post a Comment